I've been thinking a lot lately about what the ideal tote looks like to me. The one I currently use to schlep things to and from work just isn't doing it for me anymore, so it's time for a new option.
I know I want it to have the following attributes:
- a top handle that's long enough to fit over my shoulder while I'm wearing a thick winter coat
- the right medium size. Some of the totes I've found are ENORMOUS and some are too tiny.
- versatility. It'll need to go with all of my jackets.
- durability. I want to buy one and use it for years. And sometimes my stuff is HEAVY.
- a flat bottom since I often carry soups for lunch and don't want too much jostling.
What do you use for everyday toting around? I could really use some suggestions!
clockwise from top left
Marni printed leather and vinyl tote from Net-a-Porter
Lanvin leather tote from Barney's
Reed Krakoff Metallic Striped Leather Gym Bag from Net-a-Porter
Tucker Shoulder Tote Bag from Jones Bootmaker
Plaid Wool Tote Bag from Filson
Kenzo Pitti Uomo Tiger Tote from Opening Ceremony